|From basement excavation and waterproofing to tanking, plumbing and electrics, right through to plastering, tiling, and final painting and decorating: thoroughness and attention to detail are our watchwords. Furthermore, all our work is fully guaranteed.
AKB offers two types of basement conversion service:
- basement design, specification and build
- sub-contract basement construction only.
Within our full basement conversion service we can design your new basement, draw up plans, arrange for soil and site investigations, and prepare all construction details to ensure that your basement complies with all planning, structural and building regulation requirements.
As basement construction sub-contractors, our highly skilled craftsmen and technicians will carry out your approved plans to the last detail.
In either case, we will build and decorate your basement to the highest standards, using the finest quality materials.
AKB basement conversions and extensions: solving West London’s living space problems
The word “basement” used to conjure up images of a dark, dank cellar, fit only for storage space. But with today’s technology and know-how, professionally constructed basement extensions are a cost-effective way of significantly increasing a home’s useable space.
- Enlarging or extending an existing basement will give you significant additional living space.
- You can incorporate a new build basement into a rear or side extension.
- You can create a basement space under an existing building.
- A basement – whether conversion or new build – will add substantial value to your home.
- Basements improve the energy efficiency of homes, since heat loss through basement floors and walls is less than at ground and upper floor levels.
- Basements offer excellent sound insulation.
- Constructing or converting a basement will have limited visual impact on your property.
Possible uses for a basement extension are many and varied. What would enhance your life: a home office, a playroom, an extra bedroom, a music studio, a utility room, an entertainment room, a home gymnasium, a swimming pool? All of these and more are achievable with a good basement conversion.
AKB’s full basement design and construction service
If you require our full basement design, specification and build service, one of our experienced design surveyors will come to your home to conduct a survey. We will then suggest how to make best use of your basement space, and how to get the optimum amount of natural light into your new basement conversion. We will advise you on staircase positioning and any changes needed to the ground floor.
We will take care of all necessary applications and procedures, including:
- submitting all planning and building control applications
- preparing a full set of structural engineering calculations
- arranging all necessary site inspections
- obtaining a Building Control Completion Certificate for you once your basement is finished.